Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Writing is addictive

I love to write. I write while I sit on the bus, subway, sometimes in my sleep. I create the characters in my imagination, and if I am able, I transfer this to paper. Some days I just recall something I had read, and the images dance around inside me as if alive. I can be moved by one lovely peice of brilliant dialogue. That one line that makes you think "wow, I wish I had thought of that" When I am writing I know when I found that line myself, and it is a good moment. When I am not writing my hands feel edgy, nervous, unsure of themselves. Even if it is just jotting down ideas, making notes, keeping lists of to do's.

I feel this way most times about making jewelry or creating art, my hands know when I am ready to tackle this. It has never been something I can just do because I must, I have to be in the mood. I need to search for the perfect picture or combination of tiles, it is never my best when I am rushed into it by necessity.

I wish sometimes I had been able to study English or get a degree. I would still love to do this, but unless I win a lottery or marry a rich man I realize it is not going to happen. I wonder at times what it would be like to want a thing, and be able to just do it. Is it that inconveivable? I should be writing comedy for TV.....I think funny shit all the time, but I do not have a degree to impress anyone with so......not everyone can tackle the corporate wolrd, it does not mean they are not as creative or willing......there is more to life and people than the obvious.

When I feel down about what was, or what is not, I allow the characters to complain, remember and cry for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home