Thursday, March 23, 2006

Take time off


I want to take a year off to write and promote my jewelry business. How does one do that? How does one survive? I know the world of grants and free money, for the most part a media driven hype, and for the few that are lucky enough to get a grant they had to sell their first born child. I have worked my entire life, since the age of fourteen, I raised my child alone, and now at the best time of my life I would like a break to pursue the things I KNOW I am good at and can make a living doing. It is not unreal. It is not in my mind, or wishful thinking. I read in the metro today about a bureaucrat setting up a website for donations so he can quit his job and do something meaningful in the world. How about donating to this lady who raised her child alone, worked her entire life and never asked for a thing from anyone. And I won't pretend it is for a cause more worthy than myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home